Monongahela Valley Hospital's Healthy Directions health education and resource center at 6116 Brownsville Road Extension, Suite 107 Finleyville will celebrate the following national health events in April:
- Foot Health Awareness Month
- The aim of Foot Health Awareness Month is to encourage everyone to be mindful that foot health has an overall impact on total body health, and that seeing a Podiatrist is key to ensuring optimal foot health.
- For more information, call us at 724-348-6699.
- Anyone interested in this topic are encouraged to stop in for free information.
- Lipid/Glucose Screening
- April 13, 7:00 to 11:00 a.m.
- Fasting for 12 hours is needed. the cost is $12.00.
- Results will be sent to your doctor.
- For more information please call us at 724-348-6699.
Healthy Directions offers on-site laboratory services for blood and urine analysis are from 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. Monday through Friday. A doctor's prescription is required for all laboratory tests conducted at Healthy Directions. Blood drawn and urine specimens collected at the Finleyville station will be tested at the Laboratory at Monongahela Valley Hospital and results of the testing will be sent to the physician designated by the patient.
Healthy Directions/Finleyville is open Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 11 a.m. In addition to special programs and screenings, Healthy Directions features a health education resource library of books, pamphlets, videos, and other information. A referral service also is available, as well as private health education counseling.
Additional information is available by calling 724-348-6699.
Last Updated on Monday, 05 April 2010 18:08