The Mon Valley YMCA has some exciting programs lined up beginning in January. Don’t miss a beat with the start of the New Year!
• Exercise classes begin on land and in the water January 2nd! We have morning and evening classes and babysitting is also available. We have everything from SilverSneaker classes to Zumba, yoga, cycling and everything else in between. Work off those holiday pounds at the Y! We can’t wait to see you!
• Did you know the YMCA has Corporate Wellness Memberships? Have your employer inquire about starting a wellness membership today! Call Jodi at 724-483-8077.
• January is the time to start something new. Stick to your resolution with karate classes! Learn self-defense and get a great workout, too. Classes meet Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6:30-8:00 p.m. These ongoing classes are open to anyone ages 6 and over. Make new friends and gain self confidence the YMCA way!
• Calling all pre-schoolers! The Mon Valley YMCA will be taking registration for the 2012-2013 school year beginning in January. Registration opens for members and children currently participating in our Child Learning Center programs on Tuesday, January 3. Registration for non-members and outside students opens on February 1st. Please call the Y at 724-483-8077 for more information.
• Group swimming lessons begin the first week in February. Get a jump on the coming summer season early. Youth lessons are available on Monday or Wednesday evenings or Saturday mornings. Sign up early, as classes fill quickly!
• De-stress from the holidays with a relaxing massage. The Mon Valley YMCA is proud to partner with Chaney’s Natural to offer massage therapy. Call the Y today to schedule your relaxation appointment today!
• Keep your little ones active all winter with Kinder-programs. Beginning the first week of February, youngsters ages 3-5 can enjoy Kinder Soccer - a fun way to learn the fundamentals of soccer, or Kinder Gym - an introduction to sports and ball handling while having a blast and being silly. Registration begins now!
• Join us for a fun family night! Saturday Night Live meets January 14th from 6-9 p.m. Kids of all ages can swim, play games in the gym and enjoy a snack. Get out and spend time with the family the YMCA way!