The MVRCC will hold its 4th Annual “Easy to Be Green” Day on Wednesday, August 15 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Chamber building, One Chamber Plaza, Charleroi.
A worker from Goodwill of Southwestern Pa. helps load and sort over 2 tons of electronics collected at the Chamber 2011 Green Day. This year's collection day is Wednesday, August 15 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
The following items will be collected:
• Electronics—computers, monitors, cell phones, digital cameras, chargers, adapters, televisions, microwaves, old radios, etc. by Goodwill Industries of Southwestern PA.
• Clothing - used clothing will be accepted by Goodwill Industries of Southwestern PA.
• Eyeglasses - used eyewear will be refit for people in need (Charleroi Lions Club).
• Used Books - collected for JK Tener Library in Charleroi for their “book store” or on the free shelf.
• Paper—available on “Green” day and everyday.
For computers donated that are five years old and less, receive the Kil-A-Byte Destruction Service free! Customers who get this service receive a certificate of data destruction from Goodwill’s HIPAA Compliance Officer confirming that the data has been destroyed.
Businesses wishing to dispose of a large number of computers can call Goodwill for a pick-up - the Chamber has all the info!
What Goes in the Paper Retriever® Bin?
• Newspaper and Inserts
• Office/School papers, window envelopes, paperback books, workbooks and staples without a problem.
• Shredded paper is acceptable but please bag the shreds before putting them in the Retriever bin.
• However, please do not recycle colored paper, wrapping or tissue paper, carbon paper or sticky notes.
• Mail – Most direct mail is printed on high quality recyclable paper. Please recycle the mail that you feel comfortable putting in our recycling bin.
• No Cardboard
• No food boxes, fiberboard or chipboard.
• No textbooks or hard cover books.
• No Phone Books
The Chamber of Commerce and Green Day participants have the right to refuse items that are not acceptable for recycling.
Can’t make it on August 15? Drop off items off August 14, any time between 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
For more information, call 724-483-3507 or visit www.mvrchamber.org .
Note: The picture can be cut if you need room.
Note: The highlighted info can be cut if you need room, or you can put it in a separate text box.